Maybe I Spoke Too Soon?

Ok so I’m kind of pissed off right now. As part of my new “buying cheaper shoes” experiment I was browsing Steve Madden’s online store when I saw these. WTF? Direct knockoff of the Balenciaga boots… which I own thank-you-very-much Mr. Steve “I’ve served time in prison” Madden!!!

I’m sorry, I mean, getting a knockoff that looks almost as good as the real thing for like, a thousand dollars less is amazing- but it RUINS it for those with the real thing!! It’s like, what’s the point of having the real thing!? Obviously the Balenciaga boots have amazing details and hardware compared to this one, but still.
What do you guys think? Knockoff handbags are tacky as hell- unless of course you get a REALLY good one. Is it the same for shoes? Where do we draw the line?

Filed under: balenciaga · knock off · steve madden

Comments:

• Ruthlessrocks Jun.07.2011, 5:16 pm

I think that there are many girls and women who cannot afford to even buy a 200 dollar pair of shoes. People with extra cash are always going to buy luxury brands, they can afford it. Knockoffs don’t cut into sales.

• B. Mar.19.2009, 2:37 am

how exactly would you wear this shoe? no sarcasm here, just really curious.

• The Fashion Witness Jan.17.2009, 7:27 am

omg, i have just been reading like your whole blog and i too am disgusted by blatant knockoffs. i have held out for the good stuff personally but i know others..go for the knocks. i feel that you know what you are wearing and you won’t be able to fool anyone who would really know. soo do people who don’t know about the highass end stuff still buy the knockoffs not knowing there er ancestry? that is so foul to STEAL a concept or design and make it mass available, its worse than the fake handbag thing i think and there are laws against those LV nad hermes handbag counterfeiters and they get raided and sent to jail and shit, there should be shoe counterfeit laws too! sent you an email with a soo important question, i hope you will have time to answer, after reading your stuff i see that you are a super busy crazy cool shoe designer.

• emma May.24.2008, 5:44 am

hehe if you go to urban renewal you can get them for another $20 cheaper!

• asciorra May.24.2008, 5:43 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• jessicarabbit May.23.2008, 5:45 pm

ew. i hate that. steve madden is really good at knocking off the designer shoes really fast. i bought a pair of christian louboutin booties and i saved for them for like a month and then when i wore them out some girl asked if they were steve madden. i was mortified! i looked on his site and there they were.