Creeps!

So I have to express my pissed off-ness on this issue. I hate to be a brat but I’m really annoyed.

Last year, for my Harajuku Fall 09 collection I made a creeper and creeper boot, which I thought were awesome and I really truly loved.
Well, low and behold amazing fashion blogggers like Rumi at fashiontoast and Susie at Style Bubble (here and here) are wearing similar styles. WHY does this piss me off? Well, because my freaking salesmen dropped the shoes because they didn’t “get” them. They had no idea where I was coming from so they just didn’t bother.
SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

creeper boot

creeper
The upside is that Gwen ordered a pair of the boots in Black and White patent (shown on the flat creeper) and in plaid for her upcoming tour with No Doubt. So those of you who are going to the show- look out for my shoes! YAY!
Maybe those stupid salesmen (whom I actually love, but NOT when it comes to this issue) will feel stupid when they see them in the market and wonder where ours went.
Hmph.

Filed under: creepers · gwen stefani · harajuku lovers · harajuku lovers footwear · no doubt · shoe design

Comments:

• kellyt Jun.05.2009, 5:42 pm

Wow, “anonymous” sounds like someone who was almost a shoe designer, but didn’t quite make it, and is therefore bitter about your success – or more importantly his or her lack thereof. Obviously someone who has time to make comments in the wee hours of the morning doesn’t have much on their plate… I bet the fact that Celine has an awesome life and is super happy really pisses you off. We aren’t your therapists, “anonymous”!

• Anonymous Jun.05.2009, 9:29 am

Your ankle boots look like cheap Emma Cook for Topshop imitations, that’s why they failed. The only reason Gwen ordered them is because she is obligated to show support for her label, however poorly designed it may be.

• Carol May.15.2009, 11:30 am

Ooh, I love those boots. Are they at all available? I really want to buy creepers but can’t find any that I am crazy about in the UK:(

Caz x

• Anonymous May.12.2009, 6:58 pm

also, best feature on the shoes: the little hearts

• Anonymous May.12.2009, 6:56 pm

i think i could see things from the salesman’s perspective. i think topshop shoppers would likely buy creeper style shoes like the ones you designed, but the average macy’s shoppers wouldn’t get it. that being said, both designs are totally sweet and i would definitely buy them :)

• Meg and Komie May.12.2009, 8:01 am

Those boots are soo awesome!!!! WHERE can we get some??? Please?! Congrats on the Gwen order, that’s so awesome!

• The Stylemaster May.09.2009, 12:08 pm

oh what an annoying situation! i would be quite pissed off myself! but with Gwen wearing them..c’mon that is quite an achievement!

• chekka cuomova May.09.2009, 7:58 am

I never really like creepers but those creepers are exceptions! ;D

• flo May.08.2009, 11:07 pm

Rumi’s Emma Cook for Topshop boots were sold out as soon as they came out in September in the UK.

Your salesmen should have seen the price they went for on ebay! They were so popular they even made a re-release for the US in spring.

• electriclectic May.08.2009, 7:54 pm

hi! can i work for you?

• Laura May.08.2009, 2:34 pm

ohhh i’ll be on the look out! maybe gwen can kick me in the face with em. btw, kate brenner sent me to this site because of my love for gwenie gwen gwen!

• What Not & I May.08.2009, 1:58 am

LOVE the boots – they’re so cute. Can you post a pic of them in plaid?

• S.I.Q. May.08.2009, 1:45 am

thats a cool little story!

and very nice shoes!

-unusual shoes of 09
    on

• Anonymous May.08.2009, 1:26 am

well you know you were at the leading end and thats all that matters. more opportunities will come. and so i am curious; tell us how it works… the sales agents pick and choose what products to sell? each retailer?

• Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes May.07.2009, 11:23 pm

I know your pain. I designed pointed toe plimsoles (like forever ago) and the sales agents just looked at me like I was retarded.

In the right stores those would have sold-out, but then I guess it a matter of qty’s and your factory min’s. Fuck, now I’m starting to sound like a sales agent.

• Sil May.07.2009, 11:03 pm

i guess that’ll show them to listen to you in the future ;)

• FrouFrouu May.07.2009, 10:18 pm

just discovered your blog and i’m currently seething with jealousy if such a thing is possible – you have THE most amazing shoe collection! my heart is tired having looked at your blog haha

- frouu/ nadia

• stilettolover91 May.07.2009, 6:06 pm

i dont really like them lol but that’s so cool that gwen will be wearing them on tour, maybe u can re-do them and release them and ppl will buy them after that!

• TheShoeGirl May.07.2009, 5:42 pm

I think we’ll be able to re-do them but it’s just frustrating to be at the following end of a trend instead of the leading end of it.

• Anonymous May.07.2009, 5:10 pm

cant you reintroduce them? especially after gwen will be seen wearing them! totally not my style but i love the creeper boot. so cute! its so punk rock

• May Kasahara May.07.2009, 4:56 pm

that’s bullshit. I love your waaaay better than those Emma Cooks that everyone is wearing.

they must be sickkkkk in the patent combo.