Wanted: Honest Opinion Please

So I bought these Prada shoes at Barneys when I was in NY a couple of weeks ago and I’m torn… which usually means I should return them, but I’m just not sure. I want to know what you guys think? Do you like them? Should I maybe just exchange them for the black version?

I dunno… I just don’t have anything like them and I don’t have any bone colored shoes. Hmmm. Help please.
I’ve really been loving Prada lately by the way. Isn’t it funny how one season someone just kicks ass and you’re like- woah, where did you come from!?
I got these babies on sale at Nordstrom and I seriously love them. The raw snake bows are the perfect mix of cute and exotic. I felt a little silly buying them since I already have THESE that are on the same bottom… but they’re really completely different.

Filed under: celine ouaknine · new shoes · new york · opinion · prada · sale · shoe shopping · studded shoes

Comments:

• Kat Jul.23.2009, 2:55 am

Great shoes!

• Michelle Park Jul.09.2009, 7:25 am

Ok, i think that first pair of shoes (the white ones) would look so much more badass in black. They’re gonna be a lot more versatile too. White shoes sorta freak me out and kinda cheapen an outfit. The Pradas are definitely unique and look like they would be great from day to evening. Those are my two cents!

I’m new to the fashion blogging scene. check it!

MonochromaticFacets.blogspot.com

• NehkohCat Jul.02.2009, 9:10 pm

Thanks for updating with locations, you are the best!!!!! I love your taste and suggestions, have purchased a couple of pairs from various recommendations you’ve made : ) I hope certain stores give you props for being such a fun marketing tool!

• benjamin Jul.02.2009, 8:31 pm

dang.

• Jill Jul.01.2009, 11:42 pm

I would return for the black pair.

• TheShoeGirl Jul.01.2009, 11:01 pm

NehkohCat: YES! Great idea! I’ll edit this one and try to remember to do that from now on :)

• NehkohCat Jul.01.2009, 10:58 pm

Would you mind posting where you buy certain shoes? Thanks, love your blog!

• TheShoeGirl Jul.01.2009, 5:34 pm

They are actually both Prada.
    I’m glad you guys like them… I’m going to keep them :)

• PUNKIE Jul.01.2009, 5:03 pm

eheh prada’s are just fantastic! lucky you!
    I like this studded sandals too!

Great blog, we have the same crazy passion for shoes, but you posses more greatest “babes” than me :(

• Meho Jul.01.2009, 4:17 pm

if for a couple of weeks you’ve been questioning then RETURN!! i always buy stuff then think hmmm?? then after a while i LOVE or don’t.

The second pair are an awesome buy btw.

Meho xx

• Anonymous Jul.01.2009, 4:13 pm

love the prada, don’t care for the others

• Joanna Jul.01.2009, 3:35 pm

prada pair #1 look cheap, show too much toe, and the color really isn’t that great with the studding.. if youre questioning you might as well return!

as for prada #2 theyre the cutest color combo in that style, they show a lot of toe also but the bow totally distracts.. good pick!

i LOVE your blog! i might as well mention that i saw you at the louboutin signing. unfortunately at the time i wasn’t aware of your blog:(

• Anonymous Jul.01.2009, 3:06 pm

Actually, the first pair are look very sweet. I like. The 2nd pair…I love!

• Alana Victoria Jul.01.2009, 2:53 pm

I LOVE them.
    Keep keep keep. :)
    But thats just my opinion!

♥ AlanaVictoria

p.s love your blog!

• ewbetchgtfo Jul.01.2009, 1:03 pm

i like them. they’re kind of crazy looking in a good way.

i remember the first time i ever touched a prada shoe. it was 2004, in soho, they were like plaid/tweed…i wanted to eat them. also, i think i cried a little.

• Anonymous Jul.01.2009, 12:13 pm

ok DONT YOU EVEN DARE THINK OF EXCHANGING OR RETURNING THOSE SHOES!!! they are absolutely gorgeous! like i’m seriously in love with them. WOW. i actually like them better than the prada ones. so KEEP THEM!

• Kasia Jul.01.2009, 8:30 am

I love that color! Don’t exchange them for black. But if you not sure you probably won’t wear them…

• Ly Kim Jul.01.2009, 5:12 am

Keep the shoes.
    You might end up regretting it after returning it! I hate it when that happens!!!!

• kellyt Jul.01.2009, 4:48 am

I think they are cute, but it’s definitely too much money to not be sure about them! I think the snakeskin ones are totally awesome! Heavy Metal Parking Lot meets My Fair Lady or something. Hehe.

• Jessie P Jul.01.2009, 4:01 am

Your readers all make good points – my honest opinion…if you’re doubting them, return them. You have a crapload of sick shoes that you LOVE and rarely get to wear because situations don’t present themselves, right? BUT playing devil’s advocate, they are cute. I much prefer the milky color. xoxo

• Anonymous Jul.01.2009, 2:42 am

I reallly like the first ones, but I prefer them in black, they look more edgy and sexy.

• stilettolover91 Jul.01.2009, 2:30 am

i think both pairs look amazing on u!!! luv the first ones more though!!

• - Daniela - Jul.01.2009, 1:55 am

i think that if YOU’RE not sure, then you’ll probably never wear them…. :/
    the second pair is amazing though ;)

• Onada Photography Jul.01.2009, 1:32 am

I love the white heels – KEEPERS! the Prada’s are awesome too!!!

• d Jul.01.2009, 1:30 am

I say return…

They’re really quite simple comparatively speaking and very “expected”… I don’t think they’re “you”… just from what I see in the other shoes you show us. Although they are a little more conservative, even with the studs on them.

They’d be killer with a little higher of a platform. but nah. Love the color though =)

• Tariro Jul.01.2009, 1:23 am

YOU’D BE CRAZY TO RETURN THEM!
    They’re classic. Lovely

• thedoc Jul.01.2009, 1:06 am

I vote for: return.

I ‘m sure you can find a pair that you may like better in the same color……what’s the point of buying shoes if you don’t really loooove them?

let us now what you decide!!!!

• Danielle Jul.01.2009, 12:56 am

As everyone else is saying, I absolutely love the color. It’s so nice integrating something cute like that into your “shoe wardrobe.”

I say keep them and why not if you like them?! I think they’re a great summer piece!

• Profashionelle Jul.01.2009, 12:51 am

I love the color of the first pair, but would like them more if they didn’t have these extra front studs (thinking CL Mad Mary Janes).

The Pradas are gorgeous. Shoe envy again! ;)

• Christen Jul.01.2009, 12:46 am

I am crazy about the Pradas! The girlie bow and the edgy snakeskin combination is fantastic.

I’m personally not a huge fan of the bone colored heels with studs. I just think you could find something much cooler for the money. In my opinion, they just don’t make enough of a statement and your shoes are always so incredible. But I’m sure whatever you pair them with will look incredible.

Thanks for your ever inspirational blog!

• Steph. Jul.01.2009, 12:11 am

The white heels are gorgeous! The snake skin are hot too. Keep them.

• Fashion Luvr Jul.01.2009, 12:02 am

yes keep them. Those pradas are totally amazing. When I first saw pix of them when they came out I was totally in love. I think they are such a perfect blend of femininity and the masculine/edgy snake skin.

• Denysia Jun.30.2009, 11:55 pm

Honestly? I think those white heels are very gorgeous! I think since it’s summer you can pull it off, by going to a club, or just wearing them out to hang out.

• Mira Jun.30.2009, 11:06 pm

oh i love that color! very summery. dont exchange em for black. if you notice ALOT of ure shoes are black.

and the snake skin is edgy sweet.lovz it.