Ok, So I’m a Hypocrite…

So what. I never thought I’d EVER be into a stretch boot… I mean, EVER. But whadda know? I found one- the only one- I love. This is the Jil Sander boot that I was talking about. I got them for 80% off at Jeffery and they are absolutely the sluttiest/sexiest things I own. Hahaha!
I have to tell you my embarrassing story though!

I knew I shouldn’t have, but I wore them out to dinner one night in NY. I figured I’d be ok since we were taking cabs.
For some reason, I think we were trying to catch a cab, I was out in the street and I slipped on a patch of ice and totally ate shit… hard! My first thought of course was “Oh my god! My new boots!!” cause I fell on my knee and palms. Miraculously, my boots were mostly ok- no rip in the knee, but check out my knee. Ouch.
My priorities are so out of whack. Ha ha ha.
The lacquer on the inside of one the platforms got scratched off pretty bad, but I think I can fix it, and if not- you can barely see it.
Anyhoo- what do you guys think? :)
(originally posted 2/7/09)
**ADDITION**
I will never forget this fall! It was so funny and embarrassing!!
And isn’t it funny how now it’s all about stretch boots and over-the-knee boots. Who knew? ;) I can’t believe I got these at 80% off. Ridiculous. That would never happen now!

Filed under: boots · falling on my face and embarrassing myself · good times · hot boots · jeffery · jil sander · new york · sander · sexy shoes · stretch boots

Comments:

• Jacqueline Nov.17.2009, 12:02 am

I like the boots and for 80% off you had to buy them. What a snag. I would have worried about my shoes over my actual physical health too =)

xoxo

• Dexter Nov.16.2009, 10:54 pm

The boots look fascinating, well it’s Jil Sander simply…80% off?! OMG lucky girl! :) Sorry about your little story though!

• annaviktoria Nov.13.2009, 2:43 am

I was all like “havnt i seen this before?”.. until i realised that i missed the last part ^^
    The boots are smashing (but if you would where them here i sweden with a skirt – OMG – you would be soo “tooo much” and “out of control” ^^ swedes are still to stiff.
    (i´m sure the gramar and the spelling is really weird but hey, it´s 03.40 here and i hade a “best-friend-and-red-wine-session tonight ^_^)
    Have a loveliii day!

• Me Mar.06.2009, 8:28 pm

I totally understand! A couple of years ago I was running in some seriously high stilettos and ended up breaking my foot in three places. My immediate reaction, before even tearing up, was to make sure my shoes were ok.

• TEXTSTYLES Feb.19.2009, 4:32 pm

your priorities are totally IN whack
    and those boots are ridic!

*bisous*

• Dexter Feb.14.2009, 5:52 pm

I love these shoes and I’m sorry about the little accident. I hope this wasn’t the last appearence of these boots here!

• Queen Michelle Feb.13.2009, 5:13 pm

Loving them!!!

• hard liquor; soft holes Feb.12.2009, 4:43 pm

those jil sander boots are EVERYTHING.

• mysterycreature Feb.11.2009, 3:41 pm

I’m impressed – I really like those shoes, against my normal choice of shoes! They look great!

• stilettolover91 Feb.11.2009, 4:06 am

the boots are so sexy! u rock them! it sucks u fell thought the bruise dosnt look too bad too but be careful lol.

• pat Feb.10.2009, 6:46 am

hey!! love those boots, and the fact that they’re strech makes me crave them so badly, i really like thigh high boots but i haven’t fund “the one” yet, plus i’m 5 foot tall so i don’t think it will work for me

• WendyB Feb.10.2009, 3:38 am

Sex!Ay!

• TheMinx Feb.10.2009, 2:28 am

oh my god those are beyond amazing!! I hope your knee feels better- if it’s any consolation that outfit is totally perfect.

• Anonymous Feb.09.2009, 4:23 pm

did you and juls get into a cat fight and she pushed you? hehe just kidding. gotta love that slippery stupid ice :( the weather will be so much better if you guys come out in may!

• Jodine Feb.09.2009, 11:34 am

Ooh, I love em!

• I Like Stuff Feb.09.2009, 7:44 am

OMG I love these boots! I tried on the leather ankle versions and nearly died. Too bad unemployment won’t cover simple necessities like Jil Sander boots on sale…bastards.

• kaitlyn Feb.09.2009, 7:09 am

those boots are OUT of control. i LOVE them. and thats a sick leather jacket. i love this outfit, i love your blog.

xoxo
    kaitlyn

• Fashion_Loving_Stylist Feb.08.2009, 10:33 pm

Those boots are amazing! And yes your story is funny but goodness your knee looks bad. I hope your healing ok.

• TheShoeGirl Feb.08.2009, 9:57 pm

Thanks everyone! :)
    The jacket is from Urban Outfitters. I LOVE it!! There’s a hood on it too.

• Laura Feb.08.2009, 7:13 pm

P.S-Where did you get your jacket? Loves!

• Laura Feb.08.2009, 7:11 pm

These are HOT! I wish I could pull them off. You are my fashion hero by the way. Don’t feel bad about slipping on ice. A couple years ago, I slipped on ice when visiting my husband’s family in Connecticut and I passed out! I didn’t even hit my head or anything, it just hurt so bad when I landed on my tailbone, I blacked out. Talk about embarrassing!

• Vintage Tea Feb.08.2009, 6:45 pm

lol. The boots would have been my first concern too. Your poor knee looks in pain tho. These are the only pair of stretch boots ive seen that are non- tacky looking. The heel and platform are rockin on these

Please check out http://vintage-tea.blogspot.com/

x

• chauss Feb.08.2009, 4:52 pm

i think you did ok……..nice boots. :)

• shoebox Feb.08.2009, 9:04 am

They look like a pair of pumps with a pair of over-knee socks, cool :)

• Anonymous Feb.08.2009, 4:56 am

your boots are totally awesome!!! i dont think theyre slutty at all…it looks like youre wearing shoes with knee high tights…theyre killer!! AND i love the outfit youre wearing it with….rocker hot and chic…

btw, im dying to go to ny. i bet youre not the only one eating shit there these days with the crazy cold icy weather hahah…i wish there was a candid camera catching everyone fall. how fun would that be to watch hahaa anywayyys im getting in a little over my head.

how did the shoe show go?

• evie Feb.08.2009, 3:30 am

Nothing wrong with checking the shoes first. I do the same when I get out of the rain – shoes first, everything else second :p

Glad you’re ok though. And I <3 those YSLs. I never used to like them, but they’ve grown on me. However, I’ve not seen either of your new shoes in this part of the world so I’ll have to be content with just looking at the pictures you put up here :)

• Jessie P Feb.08.2009, 1:54 am

So proud of you for branching out :-) Also love the ‘falling on my face and embarrassing myself’ next to ‘good times’ tags. awesome