My Friends are Gorgeous AND Talented!

You guys have to check this out! My annoyingly beautiful and very talented friend Skully handcrafts these beautiful one of a kind veils, and when you see them you’ll make up a reason to need a veil!

Check it out- En-Veil.com

Then there’s one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jessica Palermo, who is getting married next month. We’re going to celebrate her bachelorette in a really exciting way! Well, In MY opinion anyway.
Jess is not your average bachelorette. She’s incredibly creative (she designs Badgley Mischka footwear and is our new and improved Charles Jourdan designer) and entertainingly quirky so when talking about what we should do for her party I knew she’d be into my sort of out there theme.
The idea came from Jess and I laughing about the average party where girls wear embarrassing condom covered veils and are surrounded by their scantily clad girl friends. Not really our style.
I thought it would be really cool and glamorous to sort of do the opposite. To have all the girls dress in sexy black dresses and vintage black veils (enter the En-Veil tie-in) and call it “mourning the death of her singlehood”… yes I’m serious, and to my pleasant surprise- Jess loved the idea!
Doesn’t that sound fun!?
What fun crazy things have you guys done for a bachelor/bachelorette party?? Spill it!

Filed under: badgley mischka · charles jourdan · en-veil · friends · jessica palermo · shoe designer · wedding

Comments:

• Anonymous Aug.27.2010, 10:46 am

Fantastic site, I hadn’t noticed theshoegirl.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
    Carry on the good work!

• www.compactcomputerdesksshop.com Aug.20.2010, 3:25 pm

awesome post

• Anonymous Jul.05.2010, 2:46 am

cheap louis vuitton handbags held a Stephen Sprouse Graffiti Launch Party on January 9th to pay homage to this great American artist who passed in 2004, with the release of the limited edition louis vuitton handbags on sale . Stephen Sprouse, a fashion designer credited with pioneering the 1980s mix of uptown sophistication in clothing with a downtown punk and pop sensibility, collaborated with Marc Jacobs for louis vuitton bags cheap in 2001 made the graffiti-printed fashion.

• Asta Feb.10.2010, 9:54 pm

Wow! I had a suspicion that I need a veil but now I know for sure: I do! Thanks for mentioning the veil website!

• Karolinka.cy Feb.10.2010, 6:01 pm

Great idea, you are very creative person and with lots of great ideas!

• christie walker Feb.10.2010, 5:45 pm

The veils are amazing ;)

btw I had a girls mustache bachelorette party because I also hate the “typical” bachelorette parties

• cameraholic Feb.10.2010, 9:49 am

Wow those veils are indeed beautiful! I love it that you’re a shoe designer surrounded by all your other designer friends, and you could come up with an extraordinary party. Share pics with us! Can’t wait to see it.. <3

Raisa
    visit and follow
    Stylefool

• kelley button Feb.10.2010, 3:53 am

One of my friends had a Stepford wives themed bachelorette party. Soooo cute, they all looked like 50’s housewives. Also, my another friends mourned the death of her twenties when she turned 30 and we all had to wear black and veils :)

• SoCalFashionista Feb.09.2010, 8:47 pm

the veils are gorgeous! now i just need an excuse to wear one. the idea for the bachelorette party sounds like a great time!

• Ditte Feb.09.2010, 8:21 pm

That is a Great idea! And those veils are beautiful! I would wear them day and night (well, maybe not, but I sure wish I could)

• What Was I Thinking? Feb.09.2010, 8:02 pm

What a great bachelorette party idea! Mine was an intimate dinner followed by dancing. I specifically said no to any unsavoury decorations *gag*

I saw this on Gala Darling’s blog and I thought you’d get a kick out if it! http://bashecoevents.blogspot.com/2009/12/where-wild-things-are-utterly-engaged.html Best bachelorette party ever, maybe.

Have fun and take pictures!!

• Jacqueline Feb.09.2010, 7:52 pm

The veils are beautiful!

• Jessie P Feb.09.2010, 7:06 pm

Sooo excited. These veils are killer! I’m gonna order one! You’re the best~ xx

• lizzie Feb.09.2010, 6:36 pm

I AM looking for a bad-ass veil! I’m so glad you posted this!!
    I’ve been scouring etsy but haven’t found anything I’m totally in love with so far. I reeeeally like the look of the second one you posted and I see she does custom orders so I might just have to contact her:)

Penis tiara or not, I am dreading my bachelorette party, and my MOH is insisting on having one:( I have a year to convince her otherwise but I doubt she’ll budge on it.

• kelly ♥ Feb.09.2010, 6:11 pm

Bah-da-da-da-daaaah I’m loving it! I was so against the idea of dumb girls wearing “Bride” sashes and tiaras and penis-everything and hot pink feather boas and t-shirts that say “bride”, etc, that I just didn’t even bother having a bachelorette party! Besides that, the idea of “one last hurrah” as a single person didn’t really make sense to me because it’s not like I’m gunna go out and hump one last dude. I can still have “hurrahs” with my girlfriends when I am married! That being said, if I were going to have a bachelorette party, it would have been something awesome like this.