Oscar Wrap up…

Red Carpet Me

Did you like my dress? ;)

If you follow me on Twitter you know I was doing my version of live commentary throughout the entire pre-show on E! and the actual Oscars on ABC.
Here’s a recap of my Tweets along with photos and some extra thoughts :)
Overall I was disappointed with the lack of shoes being shown, but the dresses were pretty amazing.
SOME OF MY TWEETS:
  • *Mariah Carey is DISGUSTING!!! Stop playing with your dress. Nobody wants to see your coochie!!! Jeeze bitch.
  • *Zoe Saldana looks amazinggggg. So pretty ♥
  • *Dear Mrs Cameron… Eat a damn cracker.
  • *I hope Mo’nique shaved her legs this time
  • *@ryanseacrest you forgot to ask Sigourney Weaver what she’s wearing! I’m guessing its Lanvin but could be wrong.
  • *Ummm Miss Jay, how can we take your fashion advice seriously when you have silver spray paint hair?
  • *Stand up STRAIGHT Miley Cyrus!! My goodness.
  • *SJP… Do I love what you’re wearing or don’t I? Not sure yet but I DO know that your arms are bangin. Love u.
  • *Charlize Theron… Looks like two labias covering your tatas. Are you a movie star or a boobie star??
  • *Meryl Streep!!!!! Effing WERQ woman!!! Shit I love her!!!!!!!!!! Beeeautiful!
  • *Kate Winslet… I love you but SNORESVILLE… Zzzzzzz It’s the#Oscars Spice it up. I suppose if you’re not nominated it’s ok be just ok
  • *Helen Mirrin looks so elegant. I hope I look that good when I’m grown up*
  • *Why does everyone think Jlo looks so great?? She looks like she’s in lavender bubble wrap. Am I alone here??
  • *Did that chick just Kanye his speech??? WTF was that??
  • *Queen Latifah looks STUNNING! Go girl GO!
  • *I wish Kristen Stewart didn’t always look so uncomfortable. You’re famous bitch… get used to it.
  • *I think Meryl is my winner for most beautiful for the evening. She is glowing and glamorous and stunning and beautiful.

What I was talking about:

Let’s start with miss slut bag Mariah Carey. Nasty. Please watch, and note at the beginning how she tries to flash us her crotch and Ryan Seacrest pulls her hand away… She continues to open her dress slit throughout the entire interview. Get a grip lady. You are not as hot as you think and you are too old for this shit.

Next up- Zoe Saldana in what I think was my favorite dress of the evening:
So girly! Sparkly and frilly… I’m in :)
Eat a cracker please…

She looked frail and sickly.
And Miss Mo did not, in fact shave. Apparently she just doesn’t. Here’s what I was talking about:
Mo’Nique at the Golden Globes. Yikes.
I guessed that she was in Lanvin and I was right-
Sigourney Weaver in a classic Lanvin style.
We’re supposed to take a man who spray paints his hair silver seriously?
J Manuel was on E! giving us his opinion on the red carpet fashion.
Miley Cyrys would have probably looked great if she would have just stood up straight. She was practicing her hunchback all evening. Maybe she was trying to look high fashion?
I wasn’t sure about SJP’s dress last night and I’m still unsure. In this photo it looks like maybe she isn’t sure either…
Here it was on Chanel’s Haute Couture runway

Next up: Charleze Theron and the dress that I thought looked very… sexual. Are those vajayjays on her tatas??
Not into it.
Meryl Streep on the other hand… Perfection. I wish I had a video for her because this picture doesn’t really do her justice. She was so elegant she took my breath away.
Kate Winslet may be beautiful and talented but her dress was BOOOOORING…
Helen Mirren… what an inspiration. I hope to look half this good at her age. What a beautifully elegant woman! What a cute couple too ;)
JLO came wrapped in Armani Privé lavender bubble wrap. What a bold fashion choice…
Bubble wrap… Bubble butt.
The “Miss Kanye” I was talking about. It was a pretty funny moment. It’s funny because I tweeted that she Kanye’d his speech and that was exactly what tons of other people called it. I love that that is now a word.
The Queen WERQ’d!! She looked stunning!

Oh Kristen Stewart… Stop it with the awkwardness. You’ve got to get used to it or just stay home. If you saw her on stage you know what I mean.
So there it is. My Oscar wrap up. The highlight for me was Mariah Carey making and ass out of herself.
Hope you enjoyed!! What did you guys think?? Who were your favorites? Least favorites?

Filed under: chanel · fashion · haute couture · jlo · lanvin · mariah carey · meryl streep · Oscars · red carpet · sjp · twitter

Comments:

• limited edition shoes Jun.16.2010, 10:14 am

is that Mo’Nique photo real??

• judi♥ Apr.17.2010, 12:54 am

I literally cracked up about the Monique not shaving her legs.
    It’s an important night why would you not shave your legs.
    that so disgusting.

• R Apr.15.2010, 2:34 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Term Paper Apr.05.2010, 9:08 am

wow different looks

• shoemama Mar.24.2010, 6:36 pm

Love the shoes but does anyone else think the dress colors are a little drab this year?

• Hypeed.com ☀☀ Mar.23.2010, 2:39 pm

ha ha ha I love your comments!
    Honestly, there’s not a single outfit which stunned me on the red carpet this year…

xx Alex

• womens summer dresses Mar.22.2010, 4:27 pm

Great commentary! Love it

• Terri Mar.20.2010, 11:59 pm

Rachel McAdams and Demi Moore were the best dressed, in my opinion.

I hated Zoe’s dress. . .it reminded me of a piñata. It just made me want to beat it.

• CRISTA Mar.18.2010, 6:36 pm

My friends and I were discussing J.Lo’s dress too!! haha.. no one said bubble wrap though.. we gave it a toss between cheap motel blanket or weird embroidered old lady curtains.. haha.

• Jeremy Castro Mar.18.2010, 2:21 am

wow! I love your “commentaries.” witty.

• Jeremy Castro Mar.18.2010, 2:21 am

wow! I love your “commentaries.” witty.

• Girl_with_the_Mask Mar.14.2010, 6:17 pm

To K.Steward: I just don’t like her. And what’s with the face?

Helen Mirren: I’m so with you. They look great together. And she is so gorgeous in that dress. She is what defines elegance.
    Just like Meryl Streep…I adore her so much.
    I’m sorry, but Charlize’ dress…such a beautiful woman…what the hell was she thinking??

And of course the winner…Rachel…she looked absolutely stunning!

xx Emily

thegirlwiththemask.blogspot.com

• Anonymous Mar.14.2010, 5:30 pm

SJP’s dress looked better on the model… awful on her.
    JLO- OMG she got huge!!
    and I agreed with you on everything else.

• Layla Mar.13.2010, 8:40 pm

I love your comments. Most were exactly what I was thinking. It was really funny. There was some good but a lot of bad to go with it, and not always the outfit but sometimes the one wearing it. Oh, and how the hell is JLO going to sit?

• Genia B. Mar.13.2010, 7:22 am

You look so stunning!
    LOL! On point about Mariah.

• holly in heels Mar.13.2010, 6:10 am

Guuuurrrl, you’re KILLIN’ ME! You are so right…about everything (especially crazy Mariah, I can’t even take that woman and her silly slit!). Great wrap up. xoxo, hollyinheels.com

• Beth Mar.12.2010, 2:06 pm

I just found your blog when looking through Louis Anthony Jewelrys blogroll.. You are hilarious!! I love this post..and the bubble wrap bubble butt comment had me crying I was laughing so hard. Thanks for brightening my day :)

• Risa Mar.12.2010, 11:49 am

contrary to popular belief, this time I think Mariah Carey looked less like a slut seeing how she’s always on the worst-dressed list for ugly mini dresses and waaaaayyy-too-tight-spandex-can’t-even-fight-it looking clothes… This dress actually made her look good… but then of course it looked like she was trying to play with her slit, or trying to show the world her vajayjay… Let’s hope the other designers sew that slit down!

• Anonymous Mar.12.2010, 5:00 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mariah’s music but I wish she would just dress appropriately so that people would take her seriously.

• Anonymous Mar.12.2010, 4:18 am

wow queen latifa was amazing! i love her, she’s a strong women and she’s beautiful! JLO was a little too round…and mo’nique! wow! that is so…weird…discusting… I just don’t get why she never shave her legs… as a public face she should do this…that’s not a hard job… and it’s more beautiful

• Anonymous Mar.11.2010, 4:47 pm

WOWWZAAA! I guess no one caught on but you just photoshopped your head onto rachel mcadams oscar look right?! It is never unlike you to not talk about the shoes you wore either, I mean c’mon people! Good one though! Maybe we should give your hubby the credit on this one assuming he did the photoshopping.

Anyway you wouldve looked stunning as well in that dress too I’m sure :)

• Anonymous Mar.11.2010, 4:08 am

Is your dress the same as Rachel Mcadams?

ANyway, you look stunning

• Bara S Mar.10.2010, 1:51 pm

i like miley’s dress

• Jazz Mar.10.2010, 7:51 am

I didnt even realize that jlo had on bubble wrap ! too funny . I hated zoes dress and shoe combo – it was just too much for me . I actually liked the concept , just horrible execution . I thought queen looked great , but she can do virtually no wrong in my book. I also thought that gabourey sidibe looked decent that night

• c.han1214 Mar.10.2010, 7:36 am

did u wear the same dress as rachel mcadams?

• Anonymous Mar.10.2010, 5:23 am

Do you want to get the most popular sports accessories? Please click our website, we offer many kinds of fashionable Air Jordan Shoes, NFL Jerseys, MBT Shoes, Nike TN and Puma Shoes Men , especially in NFL Jerseys, you will find more than thousand kinds of jerseys in our store. We guarantee the best quality and the best service for every consumer. If you are interest in, please feel free to contact us, we will reply you as soon as possible.

• Jaime Mar.10.2010, 1:29 am

Great commentary…just found your blog through another blog. Going to follow now! :)

• AttemptingStyle Mar.09.2010, 9:41 pm

Eugh, Mariah. I actually liked JLo, but thats just me. I’m a sucker for mainstream celebrities wearing weird things.

• Dexter Mar.09.2010, 7:11 pm

First of all, I have to say I was entertained by your tweets the whole night!
    My favorites were SJP, Diane Krüger, Penelope Cruz and I also liked the look of Cameron Diaz.
    When I saw Miss Mo I felt like I had to vomit…Disgusting!

• redheadfashionista Mar.09.2010, 5:48 pm

Ha, so true about Mariah. So true that I gave her the Award for Sluttiest Dress (some friends and I did a live blog series, check it out at http://redheadfashionista.blogspot.com
    Loved Amanda but not J-Lo and yes it did look like bubble wrap. Thought Meryl and Helen looked quite dull, but Sigourney looked serene. My faves were Anna Kendrick, Zoe Kravitz, Rachel McAdams, Vera Farmiga and SJP. I did like Kristen, but you’re right that she needs to leave the indie kid thing at home for a big party. Miley Cyrus needs to stop dressing like a 40 year old. And Mo’Nique needs a wax. Terrifying.

• Death Wears Diamond Jewellery Mar.09.2010, 8:28 am

you look amazing!

why was miley even at the oscars? ugh.

• Purse Addict Mar.09.2010, 5:51 am

LMAO!!!

• Alison Mar.09.2010, 3:59 am

Yes, your dress was beautiful! Forgive me if I missed it, but what shoes were YOU wearing? Would love to see them! I love the shoes you design!

• jules Mar.09.2010, 3:33 am

Wow ok I’m so feeling you on all of that.
    First of all,
    -Mariah Carey is always drunk and I hate her.
    -I LOVE Zoe Saldana and her dress was so girlie and fun.
    -After seeing Avatar, James Cameron is simply a genius but I don’t get his taste in women.
    -Mo’nique? WTF? So gross. And how does that dude stay with her when she’s got pine trees for legs? Have some respect for your man Mo!
    -Miss Jay is a frickin xmas tree ornament.
    -Miley is such a wannabe it’s not even funny. She should’ve worn a denim evening gown and called it a day.
    -Definitely noticed how awkward SJP was in that dress, but if anyone can pull it off it’s her. I like it better on the runway though.
    -Charlize looks like the purple people eater.
    -LOVE Helen Mirren. She is classy to the max.
    -J Lo is disgusting. That dress accentuates all the wrong things.
    - Kristin Stewart needs to get over it and stop trying to be so cool. And her dress looks like something Ursula the sea witch would wear.

That’s it for me. Thanks that was fun! Oh and you looked awesome lady!

• Princess Poochie Mar.09.2010, 2:48 am

100% on all accounts. What the hell was with Mariah. Geez!

• Fashion Court Mar.09.2010, 12:59 am

rachel mcadams looked FLAWLESS. i loved her dress!

miley could have went up a size or two in that dress. i don’t think she could walk in it!

• Cre Mar.09.2010, 12:45 am

I thought you read my mind!!! Jlo’s dress made her look like she had a side growth. Kate Winslet put me to sleep too. SJP’s dress made her body look awkward. Charlize’s dress made it look like someone came up behind her and grabbed her tata’s. BUT I did looove Elizabeth Banks’ and Rachel McAdam’s dresses!! That woman SO Kanye’d that man’s speech and it was really awkward and did Cameron Diaz really mess up her names or was it all “in the plan”?? Gabourey Sidibe is pretty fiesty!! And one more thing: Is Giuliana finally preggers or were her boobies abnormally large last night? (Love her…just a Q)

• Sammi Mar.09.2010, 12:30 am

I liked SJP’s dress, but she kept fiddling with the strap across her neck. It really bugged me. And OMG Mariah! I mean, did you see her at the Golden Globes?

• Fashion Wh0re Mar.09.2010, 12:15 am

Celine your wayy too funny i love this oscar wrap-up *Dear Mrs Cameron… Eat a damn cracker…lmao thats funny she did look paper thin i hated Sarah Jessica dress..And when that lady went on stage during his speech i was thinkng the same thing..he was looking stuck i love miley dress ,and kate winslet, k.stew, meryl..i thought Charlize dress was ugly..

• Jessie P Mar.08.2010, 11:33 pm

You know who was also gorge was Sandra Bullock. GLAM. Plus she emanates cuteness & confidence & that helps the overall look for sure.

Heidi Klum looked a haute mess did u see her?

• Jessie P Mar.08.2010, 11:23 pm

Another great post! I’m sure you knew this already but Zoe’s dress was my fave of your pics. GAWgeous. I didn’t get to watch..dod Ryan Seacrest do the ‘shoe cam’ this time?

• Life is Reed-iculous! Mar.08.2010, 10:50 pm

meryl streep – utter class. best dressed of the evening IMO taking into account for age appropriateness, fashion forwardness, and just plain pretty.
    kate winslet – boo.
    kristen stewart – seriously? she could have been stunning, but the dress definitely wore her. what a weirdo.
    excellent recap.

• Jacqueline Mar.08.2010, 9:26 pm

I love Miley’s dress! xo

• Lyndsea Tim Tim Mar.08.2010, 9:23 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Lyndsea Tim Tim Mar.08.2010, 9:23 pm

I loved Zoe’s dress too! and her purple shoes to match. Miley Cyrus’ dress was my favorite, but my mom and I kept saying the same thing about her posture. Horrible. I liked SJP’s dress until she walked out on stage and was having to hold it as she walked. To me, if you have to hold your dress in the front like that in order to walk, it defeats the purpose of having a pretty dress on. Loved your tweets last night, they were hilarious.

• God's Favorite Shoes! Mar.08.2010, 8:45 pm

I agree with every word you said except Zoe’s dress…I couldn’t get with it.

And Mariah is too old to still “Try” to be sexy. She is always “trying”…just be you and that’s sexy. Why wouldn’t she stop adjusting the dress…We don’t HAVE to see your thigh muscle all the time! Those big jugs are distracting enough.

….now I’m off to confessional for being so mean….:)

• stilettolover91 Mar.08.2010, 8:20 pm

I hate how everyone is hating on Mariah!! I think she looked very sexy and i loved the dress and she has the legs for it!

• Tiffany* Mar.08.2010, 8:19 pm

eww! That’s the first I saw that Mariah interview! Seriously she needed to get a grip and stop trying to make the slit higher the slut. LOVED Zoe Saldana! She was by far my favorite. And you’re right- I was sure about SJP dress either. It’s different I’ll give her that. Any Miss Miley- my mom and I were both yelling at her to stand up straight. Loved reading your tweets during the shows :)
    beijos-Tiffany-http://imashoewhore.blogspot.com

• StephanieDJL Mar.08.2010, 8:14 pm

Kate Winslet’s dress looks like a pant suit.
    I’m with you on JLO her and Amanda Seyfried’s gowns just looked like nicely arranged bubble wrap to me!
    So much love for Meryl and Queen Latifah although Rachel McAdams was my favourite dress of the night.