Met Cosume Gala… Best and Worst (According to Me)

So I like to leave red carpet/runway reviews to the professionals but sometimes, like at the Oscars, I feel sassy and want to tell you guys how I feel. Here goes.
First? Well Gwen Stefani of course. She is so gorgeous it’s stupid. And that husband of hers aint to bad. ;)

42m

Another favorite? Chloe Sevigny… Always stunning. I love that she’s wearing a short dress. So cute. Cute shoes too!

19m
Oh… are these M.I.A.’s sisters?? What’s that you say? That one in the middle is not a sister? WHAT? It’s Alexander Wang?? Oops.
Well whatever. M.I.A. looks like she’s making the (pardon my vulgarity) “eat my box” gesture with her fingers. And her dress is Alexander Wang for Gap. Though I doubt we’ll ever see it in stores. I mean, could you imagine??
83m
Leave it to Kristin Stewart to look awkward in Chanel. Nice hair…

84m
Oh. Hello Balenciaga shoes. I love you…

81m
Ok I love me some Karl but in this case I love the fishy lip kiss in the background better.
I mean the woman Mr. Lagerfeld is with looks like she’s wearing a beach coverup.
…Is that Angelyne back there??
51m

Hello Louboutin for Marchesa runway shoes. Hello lady. You’re tall.

37m

Well of course the Marchesa girls are in the same shoes. But wait… they’re tall too. Is it the shoes?? Love love love.

23m

And on a different part of the carpet… A toga party.

91m
Weirder still? Tina Fey in a pantsuit? Very strange.
53m
But look! BOOBIES! Anorexia boobies…
11m

Chubbly bubbly boobies! And small animals attacking shoulders!
89m

And finally, Zac Posen shows up with his fairy godmother. Magical.
72m

cinderella2
Bippity boppity boo!
That’s my two cents. If you want real coverage… check one of these:

Filed under: celebrities · fashion · met costume gala · opinion · red carpet

Comments:

• Laura Walker Oct.05.2010, 2:39 pm

Damn it I can’t stop laughing. I’m playing catch up & believe I’ve never posted a comment before. They seem to take themselves so seriously?

• garakami May.20.2010, 7:24 am

Lol, your terms are amazing! Chubbly bubbly boobies! I say someone has always accomplished some kind of feat when they make me snort behind the computer.

Just have to put in my two cents. Please do tell me that Whoopi and Mr. Fat Man, yes, I refuse to call him Andre!, was not one of your better dressed. I like Whoopi, so I’ll leave her alone. But what is with Andre!?

He claims to have lost so much weight on Oprah, but he is slowly gaining it all back. WTF kinda contraption is he wearing!? and it’s not a “toga.” If the Greecians from the A.D. period would only come back to haunt.

• Tebonin May.12.2010, 12:36 am

Babe you should keep doing this Met event forever. Really cute and interesting.

• WendyB May.08.2010, 6:36 pm

This is the best post on the Met event that I’ve read. Love the fairy godmother photo!

• Brett Sutcliffe May.07.2010, 10:24 am

hahahahahaah You can imagine how long I laughed. Babe you are so cute…lovely blog.

• Purse Addict May.06.2010, 4:47 am

LOL, always love your commentary on red carpet fashion :)

• TheShoeGirl May.06.2010, 2:20 am

thanks anon ;) haha. Those kind of typing errors are the kind that make me the craziest.

One time a girl wrote “take it with a great assault” (instead of grain of salt…) drove me crazy.

• Anonymous May.06.2010, 2:14 am

*two cents

• Anonymous May.06.2010, 12:43 am

HAhahhah you are One FUNNY ASS BITCH Celine..I couldn’t agree with you more..You seriously nailed it..Kristin Stewert pisses me off walking around like she has dik in her booty all the freakin time..And gosh dangit it she runs her hands through her dam hair one more time I wont go see the breaking dawn..mmmm well maybe Ill see it but dam chick seriously straighten up..
    HAHAHHa Tracy sucks dick and rocks it in the booty like Kristin..Slut. lol>3

• lizzie May.06.2010, 12:05 am

LOL! I was about to tell ~tracy to eat a dick too.
    So on that note, eat two dicks and kick some rocks tracy:)

• Lyndsea Tim Tim May.05.2010, 11:45 pm

ugh, Tina Fey not only in a pantsuit, but the most awkward, ill-fitting pantsuit at that. and Kristen Stewart makes me gag. She needs to get a personality, kinda like Tracy.

• Courtney May.05.2010, 11:12 pm

Wow Tracy, go do something better with your time instead of anonymously insulting people over the internet. People like you are pathetic.

Celine, LOVE your post and your entire blog!! You are gorgeous, don’t let bitches get you down.

• Hard Liquor, Soft Holes May.05.2010, 10:49 pm

i expect you to buy those balenciaga shoes, i hope you know.

• Erin May.05.2010, 8:02 pm

hahaha, I LOVE your commentary! You would be absolutely hilarious covering the red carpet for real! Also, you pick the best shoes! I love your blog! =)

• te May.05.2010, 6:57 pm

omg…comment to Tracy…haha the best ever. (:

what shoes did Gisele have on? love them! I was so shocked you didn’t comment on them. (:

• NicoleMarie May.05.2010, 6:56 pm

Yes!! Someone dared to wear the Balenciaga shoes that I’m in love with!! And Tina Fey.. well im actually liking the jumpsuit! I just love jumpsuits/rompers in general! They are such a great throw on outfit and fun to accessorize with!

• Fashion Autopsy May.05.2010, 6:41 pm

I think I’m the only person on the planet who thinks Tina Fey looked cute.
    Seriously though, do we really need to see Tina Fey on a Best Dressed list? She’s better off staying inconsistent.

LOL @ the Toga Party!

Sher

• TheShoeGirl May.05.2010, 6:13 pm

Hey Tracy- why don’t you eat a dick?

What slender girls are you referring to exactly? Did you actually read the post?

Go read another blog.

• tracy May.05.2010, 5:46 pm

aww come on, you are just plain old jealous of those girls. Like you wouldnt want their slender long frame in place of your “ah hem” one. give them a break dear =)

• Caitlin May.05.2010, 5:36 pm

I adore you :) your commentary makes me giggle. I think I’m going to refer to Gwen as perf, short for perfect. she’s amazing…I think you should do these reviews more often!

The Louboutin for Marchesa runway shoe is worn in the first picture by Hilary Rhoda who is 5″11′ without the shoes which are 8! She tweeted about them the day of…

Please post your shoe closet soon!
    Love yaaaaa

• TheShoeGirl May.05.2010, 5:07 pm

FB- I agree, she bugs!

Cookie- Meh… I suppose he’s kiiiinda sexy. ;)

Lizzie- Why am I not surprised? hahaha I love it.

Max- I prefer to talk about the bad stuff. Everyone talks about who looked amazing so why bother? Plus I don’t like Blake Lively anymore. She needs to get over herself.

Malinxe- oops. hehe.

• Malinxe May.05.2010, 4:52 pm

Love the pix and also your choices, I agree and FYI “fishy lips” behind Mr. Chanel is non other than Carolina Herrera!!

• stilettolover91 May.05.2010, 3:43 pm

My personal favorites were Blake Lively & Bar Refaeli but u didn’t mention either of them :(

• Fashions Not A Luxury May.05.2010, 3:00 pm

Gwen Stefani in her own Line..Fab!Gisele Bundchen cool dress, Katy Perry light up dress :D Naomi Watts so Pretty. MIA i fly like paper get high light planes, Imagine finding that dress at GAP gassspp!

• Copious Couture May.05.2010, 2:24 pm

Do MORE red carpet reviews!!! That was awesome… you said everything I was thinking!

Carissa

• lizzie May.05.2010, 2:22 pm

OMFG i am in looove with chloe sevigny’s dress!!
    and idk who zac posen’s lady-pal is but i swear i have a hideous dress that i stole my from my great grandmother’s house that looks seriously identical to that but in a ridiculous split-pea soup green…is that like, in style? because i wore it to the grocery store once for the hell of it…i feel so ~fashion forward~.

• FASHION SNAG May.05.2010, 1:46 pm

Your commentary is hilarious Celine. I especially love the way you ended the post =) Gwen seems like the best dressed one. I love her! The shoes weren’t too bad to look at either. xo

• hiyaluv May.05.2010, 1:25 pm

oh my freakin’ goodness! I was rolling out of my chair this morning reading this! LOVE it! I needed a funny read this morning at work.

Thanks luv!
    smiles,
    gina

• Bree May.05.2010, 1:16 pm

Gwen looked gorgeous of course, and K Stew is awkward yet again. That girl just irks me.

• Tiffany* May.05.2010, 12:43 pm

Love this post and how you commented everything! So funny! Gwen and Chloe were the best dressed there! Gwen’s gown is gorgeous and I’m so in love with the color of Chloe’s!

Great post- love your blog!
    beijos-Tiffany-http://imashoewhore.blogspot.com

• Life is Reed-iculous! May.05.2010, 12:38 pm

bahahahahaha. hilarity.

• jasmine May.05.2010, 11:57 am

You are so adorable and sassy! I agree with all of yours – poor Kirstin and Tina, they seem so befuddled by fashion!

• Cookie May.05.2010, 11:40 am

Is that really A.Wang? if so…dayyyuuummm!! is it odd to find that man hot? ^_^ hahah

• FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com May.05.2010, 10:55 am

Your comments are spot on.

Gwen is always good for cool, pretty, yet classic with a twist clothing.

Kristen Stewart ALWAYS looks horribly uncomfortable. It’s something to do with her facial expressions. She needs to work on not looking so bored and awkward.

She’s like Avril Lavigne pre-Chanel

• Julia M May.05.2010, 10:08 am

Yours is my favourite Met Ball do-over, it’s the wittiest!
    Since Kristen Stewart loos so sad to be wearing that Chanel dress, I’d gladly relieve her of it…also, it almost looks like Karl Lagerfeld’s smiling! A sight I have never seen before!

• Littleclouds May.05.2010, 9:51 am

HAH! I think I like your version, the chubbly bubbly bit made me spurt my tea and yes I like Tina Fey but whhhhat on the jumpsuit!

• Dexter May.05.2010, 8:22 am

Cool post, Gwen looked good indeed, but I also like (okay, I’m amazed by) Gisele’s look! I was surprised by Tina’s pantsuit too!