I Heart Japan

Listen, I just want to touch on the subject REALLY quickly because a reader asked why I hadn’t yet, and said that I may come off as materialistic and someone who doesn’t care about it.

The reason I haven’t done a post on Japan is because 1. This is shoe blog that I try to keep light and not at all too serious, and 2. Because I am traumatized. Seriously.

I don’t mean to sound stupid or naive but I am super sensitive. I can’t even watch the news because when I do I cry and sob and am an instant hot mess. I can’t watch scary movies, especially scary movies about the world ending because I will have stress and anxiety and crazy nightmares for months afterward. I am SO sorry for what has happened over there and what continues to happen but I just can’t talk/write about it. I won’t do the situation justice. There are blogs out there with more information and better writing skills.

So please know that my heart is there even if my blog isn’t. There isn’t an hour that passes that I don’t think of those people and what a horrifying situation they are all in. About how I wish I were the kind of person who could pack up my stuff and fly my ass over there to do whatever I could to help.

If you want an amazing first hand account of what happened from a fellow fashion blogger, check out Rumi’s post HERE. She has some great links too.

Thanks for understanding.

Filed under: fashion toast · japan · sadness

Comments:

• Jennifer: Ruthlessly Absurd Mar.31.2011, 8:15 pm

I come here for shoes, NOT commentary on Japan. Period.

• Ashley Mar.16.2011, 6:43 pm

Looking for dope apparel?

Supra Shoes, Creative Recreation Shoes, Famous Stars and Straps, Rogue Status, DTA, LRG, Wild Ones, Expensive Taste, Triple Fat Goose, PF flyers, Lacoste, Crooks and Castles

Check out: http://dropcents.com

• lizzie Mar.16.2011, 3:14 pm

really? i don’t get why someone would even suggest that, that’s your choice, it’s not stupid or naive at all. i come to your blog for cuteness and shoes, if i want to get depressed i look at cnn or the humane society. i suggest anyone that wants to complain about whether or not people choose to publicly discuss japan get fucking a grip and find something productive to do.

• gina luv Mar.16.2011, 12:50 pm

i am so with you on this one girl! My heart pours out to them and I just don’t even know what to do with my feelings right now. I take time to process and reflect and I am just at a loss for words. All I can say is that I am too traumatized and totally hear you and get where you are coming from. As somebody who knows you personally; you are such a humanistic, caring, and compassionate person.

:)gina

• wedding Mar.16.2011, 6:15 am

I’ve added a bookmark collection of posts,I wish I could see Update your article,
    I will continue to support you, come on!Heartfelt hugs
    This is a wonderful article. Thank you for sharing, very exciting.
    Wedding Dress

• Mala Sa Jadrana Mar.16.2011, 4:58 am

Completely understand where you are coming from. It’s a horrible tradegy and noone deserves that. It is hard to watch and see everyone there suffering, we can help them by praying and donating whatever we can. Anything will help them at this point. Japan is a great country and they have amaing culture and people, they will get through this.

• NehkohCat Mar.16.2011, 4:46 am

Celine, thank you for touching on this, I’m beyond words as well. As someone who has had the privilege of visiting Japan numerous times and be shown such overwhelming hospitality, it is VERY hard for me to watch the horrific images. Don’t know why it has hit me so hard, but to see such an amazing people get hit after hit, with the earthquake, then tsunami and as if that was NOT enough, now nuclear threat, it personally hurts, a lot. I can only hope and more importantly pray that Japan overcomes this tragedy as the beautiful country that they are!