Marrakech, Morocco

My family and I were just in Marrakech last week, visiting family relaxing and of course, shopping. I took some pictures of the famous market that was as always, bustling with tourists. I only had my iPhone so the quality isn’t great but you get the idea…

There were snake charmers all over the place!! It was so crazy to see these dudes playing musical instruments to these cobras and they just sort of danced and stood at attention

They looked fake until you saw them up close.

Shops just filled with stuff. Stuff stuff everywhere!

We picked up some olives to go with our dinner

Jewelry and blankets and fabric and nicknacks

These little shoe shops were everywhere!

So many colors!

My sisters and I made some new reptile friends

Blocks of perfumed wax. I took some home to put in my closet :)

The famous spices…

So beautiful!

I want to incorporate these colors into my next shoe collection! They’re so great.

You may have heard, this same marked was bombed yesterday. A suicide bomber killed at least 16 people at the popular Argana Cafe. I was shocked and saddened by the news, and also so grateful that we weren’t there.
As you can see by my photo, we were right there just one week ago.

Crazy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I hope all this terrorist shit comes to an end some day soon. It’s all so senseless and tragic.

xox

Filed under: morocco · sadness · travel · vacation

Comments:

• Sajith Feb.18.2016, 4:13 pm

Only do debt consolidation as a last rrseot.I’ve heard some nightmare stories.Try to do anything and everything on your own before hand.Go to bankrate.com and click on credit cardsfind one with a low apr or low balance transfer one that is right for you.You can also try your local consumer credit councelling service.They provide their services for free. Look it up in the phone book not on the net.I hope that you are aware that carrying high balances you are destroying your score.Make it a goal in life to use cards wisely someday.Use them for things you need and pay in full each month for top notch credit./

• black sandals May.24.2011, 6:12 am

I am so lucky to saw the post at the right time. I have to purchase a new sandal for my birthday party. I’ll definitely get one from the stuff presented in the post. Thank you so much.

• Deb Van May.17.2011, 10:28 pm

LOL I never noticed the celeb’s shoes being too big on the red carpet. Maybe that high heel is making the foot slide down to the front of the shoe. I just don’t know, but that is funny.

• The Hyper Cook May.05.2011, 8:58 pm

Ahhh HOME!! On behalf of all Moroccans, I thank you so much for this post…It just warms the cockles of my heart to see these pictures, but it aches at the same time for the tragedy that had happened.
    Glad you and your family were safe.

• Veronica May.03.2011, 4:06 am

I’m glad you are safe!

• WendyB May.03.2011, 12:15 am

A friend of mine was there at the same time you were! We were just talking about this…

• Karina May.02.2011, 3:19 pm

Can you do more pictures of the Margiela shoes in a future post? Those are seriously intense pumps!! Love!

• red kitchenaid mixer May.02.2011, 9:36 am

cool blog i haven’t came across anything quit like it

• Vivienne May.02.2011, 9:22 am

yeah, perhaps when the terrorism and legacy of American/western dominance comes to an end, terrorism will. Oh wait probably not going to happen ….

• Caroline Apr.30.2011, 11:53 pm

I visited Marrakech last August, and when I heard about the bombing, it broke my heart.I’m so glad you & your family were safe.

• Denise Apr.30.2011, 8:46 pm

Oh, I said yesterday, I want so much to go to Morocco! The more I see your pictures, the more I want to go! Fantastic pictures, thank you!!!!

• sugarhoneybaby Apr.30.2011, 2:37 pm

Great photos!
    I would like to see Marocco. Lucky you!:)

• SAFIA Blog Apr.30.2011, 12:01 pm

Its my country !! Owww !! Your welcome in Rabat or casablanca next time !!
    Kisses from morocco !!

• LoveE ♥ Apr.30.2011, 5:20 am

Looks like such a fun day, and the marketplace looks so lively and fun!

x

• LaScarparossa Apr.30.2011, 12:57 am

I was going to go there last week but I couldn’t go. And now that I had a look to your pictures I’m really looking forward to it! love the “rainbowshoe”