Trendspotting- Peek-a-boo Shoes!

If your feet have been craving a peep show they’re in luck. If the Spring runways shows are any indication of what’s to come (imagine that) then vinyl shoes are all the rage!

Dolce & Gabana’s shoes were almost exclusively see through…

These were my favorite and seemed to be the most forgiving for those with less than pretty toes…

They’re equipped with little toe shields!

Macrame AND vinyl AND a woven heel/platform?? That’s a whole lot of shit gong on. Imagine how foggy they’d get after a quick jog a-la Carrie Bradshaw. I always loved how she ran in her Manolos.
Anyway! I digress…

Missoni. Oh Missoni… These are cuckoo crazy.

Little barber shop pole heel, mixed material flowers, striped print, mismatching colors. Serious WTF?

I’m LOVING these milky lucite glasses by Prabal Gurung ♥

Oh Versace. Always serving the fiercest of tranny hooker shoes.

Loving this ombre sort of spray painted bottom.

Plus I’m having a serious love affair with wedges right now.

Marchesa showed clear in mesh form…

A less sweaty way to wear the trend for sure.

And don’t forget about these guys from my previous post.

Will you be hopping on the clear shoe bandwagon?

XOX,

Filed under: designer shoes · dolce and gabanna · lucite · marchesa · missoni · prabal gurung · runway · versace · vinyl

Comments:

• Veronica Oct.07.2011, 10:45 pm

Firstly: It is great that you’re back making regular posts! *hug*

As for the shoes, I like the style, at least the look. I get the feeling plastic isn’t all that comfortable though.

In any case, I loved the first pair, but several of them look great!

• legsnshoes Sep.30.2011, 4:56 pm

The spray painted clear wedges! Bookmark.

• Anonymous Sep.29.2011, 10:37 pm

What’s up with the creepy dudes?

Think I will pass on this one. Although some are certainly better than others still not convinced….Although the toe shields kinda cute.

• Anonymous Sep.29.2011, 9:58 pm

Oh I definitely love a lot of these. I bought a clear pair of beverly feldmans on clearance earlier this year and I wore them a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Dr. Scholl’s pads soaked up perspiration and kept my feet dry.

• Anonymous Sep.29.2011, 8:23 pm

Wow, most of the shoes are adorable and remind me of a sophisticated and way more $$$$ version of my dress-up plastic shoes growing up. I can’t ignore some of the fug toes, however. EW! Major ogre foot action.

• lizzie Sep.29.2011, 4:00 pm

I don’t get it. Do they seriously fog up? That’s awful.

• Adam Rich Sep.29.2011, 3:29 pm

Wow awesome , I am delighted to have found this post………..:) Women Sandals

• footman Sep.29.2011, 2:48 pm

This is why I have a foot fetish – you women are sexy!

• Jeff Hardy Sep.29.2011, 7:22 am

nice footwears. Now you can find b2b e marketplace for bulk leather footwear import & export business.

• Fashion Rehab Sep.28.2011, 7:45 pm

Yeh, I already got one, It’s a chloe pair. Posted it on my blog 2 months ago.

here’s the link: http://infashionrehab.blogspot.com/2011/07/thankful-for-another-year.html

Fashion Rehab

• Anonymous Sep.28.2011, 7:37 pm

No, not this time around. I still have two pairs I bought last time the clear shoes we “in” and I would fog those babys up and it was not a pretty sight at all.

I’ll never have enough shoes

• chipsHH Sep.28.2011, 7:21 pm

Question is: Should I keep my hooker see-through boots I have? ;P

I love them dearly, but am kinda tight on money at the moment D;

• Judy Sep.28.2011, 7:17 pm

I don’t like the clear uppers, but I looooooove lucite/perspex heels/wedges. But it can’t look stripper! (I have softspots for stripper shoes, but not lucite/perspec ones). I am dyiiing for a pair of Charlotte Olympia’s Esmeralda from last year.

• Stella Sep.28.2011, 6:04 pm

Ummm…not sure if i’m loving the “squished toe” look. I think these could be pulled of if they fit right…not too tight. I do love the D&G pair (first one).

• Mary Sep.28.2011, 6:03 pm