Where Am I?

If you saw the latest runway shows in Paris last week you might think we’d time warped into the 70s. Chunky heels and platforms, funky shapes and colors, and clashes of pattens all over! Burn your bras and drop some acid. Well, no, don’t do that.

But do check out these styles from Miu Miu…

And Louis Vuitton…

And Prada of course

What do you think?? Groovy? I’m personally not digging them. I prefer the silhouettes shown last season with nods to the 50’s and 60’s. More feminine delicate shapes.
Though I will say that I’m glad to see more platforms on the runway again. New York fashion week would have you believe that the platform was dead with all the non-platformed shoes and pointy toe pumps. If you can get a little comfort snuck in with your killer style I’ll take it! And we all know a platform is great for adding height without sacrificing comfort.

I’m off to China today kids. Then Tokyo for a quick 2 days. I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures and let you know what I see in one of my favorite cities in the world!

XOX,

Filed under: china · designer shoes · fashion week · japan · louis vuitton · miu miu · paris · prada · tokyo · travel

Comments:

• Anonymous Jun.04.2012, 1:30 pm

The meme of burning bras refers to the women’s revolution of the 60s, not the 70s…

• mjewelh Apr.24.2012, 1:59 pm

I like all these kind of shoes.
    Style and fashion is so incredible to look at but not always desirable to actually wear.
    we are dedicated to dress our customers in the highest quality fashion without the high quality price tag.
    sexy high heels
    sexy trendy shoes
    sexy high heel pumps
    sexy over the knee boots

• Christian Louboutin Apr.17.2012, 7:51 am

All these shoes are die to for !

• MRSKA Mar.30.2012, 12:17 pm

Love the first one!

• Heel, Body, and Sole Mar.16.2012, 4:27 pm

I really love the Louis Vuitton pairs… a twist on Mary Janes. The other ones are too much.

• Cathy Mar.14.2012, 6:39 pm

High fashion is so incredible to look at but not always desirable to actually wear. I’d love to pass this post to my FB audience- let me know if I can- this month is our national “Shoe Month”. Thanks, Cathy, Fashion Societe

• Elle Mar.14.2012, 5:17 am

I must say, I’m really really liking the mary jane platforms and the oxfords. Love love love. Safe travels.

• Mary Mar.14.2012, 2:57 am

OMG this is the first time ever that I hate Miu Miu shoes! Those are hiddy! I love platforms but none of these are really doing it for me. Maybe the LVs and possibly the Prada. But no.

• Justalazymorning Mar.13.2012, 8:17 pm

i love them Miu Miu and Prada!!

• Pink Haired Princess Mar.13.2012, 7:38 pm

The 70’s is one of my least favourite fashion decade but I actually quite like these-I could definitely get behind the LV ones. Once again Irregular Choice were seasons ahead with their AW11 collection which had lots of chunky concealed platforms and heel shapes almost identical to those Miu Miu’s.

• sadie Mar.13.2012, 3:38 pm

could just about live with the Louis, but overall – not keen.

Just got myself some fabulous Bloch ballet flats, and am loving them, but I do love a good platform too. For the exact reasons you say.

safe travels.
    x

• Poochie Mar.13.2012, 3:31 pm

I don’t feel this either. Not my style at all. Which is good… maybe it will give me a break from coveting Miu Miu and Prada heels!