Behind the Scenes…Photo Shoe-t

I know, I know. Almost a month without posting, I totally suck. I hope you follow my Tumblr because I update that almost daily. It’s so convenient.
It’s been 10 months and this divorce thing is still really affecting me. I don’t know why but I find it hard to do the things I used to love to do. Blogging included. BUT… this isn’t a therapy session its a muthafuggin shoe blog so let’s get to it!
This last Friday we shot for the new Fall 2012 Cece L’amour and Penny Loves Kenny lines. IT WAS SO AWESOME!! We had a really great team of super talented people and we had a lot of fun. Like, probably more fun than you’re supposed to have when you’re working ;) We shot it at the beautiful Biltmore hotel in downtown Los Angeles and shot from 10am to close to 10pm. Crazy long day!
I’m no longer designing for bebe. I’ve handed it off to another designer who’s got some great ideas and is going to have a lot of fun with it. I’m now concentrating on my own brand, Cece L’amour… my baby. And a really fun brand named Penny Loves Kenny. We own both of those names and I think it’s awesome to be designing for the 2 brands that my father’s company actually owns. It’s more personal.
Anyway- here’s a look behind the scenes…

The best part about these shoots was that I got to use my beautiful friends as models. It’s so INSANE that I have actual friends that are this beautiful.
The amazing and ridiculously gorgeous Skully Smith for Penny Loves Kenny…

Me in my Cece L’amor floral mary janes, deciding which shoe to shoot next…

Up next, another stunning friend of mine, Dianna Ryan for Cece L’amour.

These are my favorite for fall!!

And me again, in rare form. FLATS!? Yep. Sometimes you gotta get on the roof of the historic Biltmore hotel in your Chucks. ;)

Love you all!!

XOX,

Filed under: amazing · amazon · bad blogger · blogging · Cece L'amour · fall · fashion · flats · friends · heels · penny loves kenny · photo shoot · photography · shoe design · shoe designer · wedges

Comments:

• Chara Apr.28.2016, 1:15 am

The {Nike Patriots and Get wholeslae price jerseeys online here, they are
    made in fine material jerseys.

• nguyen 2 manh Apr.27.2016, 1:38 am

Send good wishes your way <3 You shoes / and blog are amazing.

• Paulo Feb.18.2016, 3:05 pm

RaeApril 16, 2013Hi, thanks for the daeeiltd post. I have been using DIY chalkpaint using nonsanded grout for a long time now. I have probably painted almost two dozen or so pieces of furniture. Despite the no prep buzz, I still always sand with my orbital to take the sheen off the furniture just in case. I have also used Annie Sloans chalk paint as well. Both pure white, and florence.My problem is this I find that my DIY version almost ALWAYS scratches off (regardless of what type of paint I mix it with). I seal with wax (I use minwax and annies), but still I can scratch it off with a fingernail, sometimes even a month after it was painted. I find I cant do this nearly as much with the Annie Sloan paint. You mention in your post that you get the same adhesion with the DIYs as you do with Annies. Are YOU able to scratch your paint off?I love using chalk paint for furniture over other paints because I love the finish and the fast dry/recoat time. I like the freedom for colour choices that I get from my DIY version, but the scratching issue is an ongoing problem.Any suggestions, or further insights?Thanks

• Kelsi Jun.04.2012, 1:10 am

Wow love your shoes!! That is so exciting :) Just started following your blog! Check out my new blog and follow back if you would like :)

-Kelsi

• celine outlet May.18.2012, 7:52 am

To my unbelievably mulberry bags wonderful mother, my awesome mulberry outlet granny, all of mulberry factory shop my hilarious aunts, my friends who are mothers and to all of my friends’ fabulous moms… Happy Mother’s Day. I honestly don’t know Mulberry Bayswater Bags how you girls do it, because at 28 it’s hard enough for me to make sure that I’m keeping MY mulberry handbags head on straight let alone be the one responsible for shaping the life alexa bag mulberry of another person.

• celine outlet May.18.2012, 7:51 am

The past few Roger Vivier Flats weeks have been a non-stop shopping roger vivier spree to update roger vivier shoes my spring and summer wardrobe. Because of this, the next few posts will be dedicated to the purchases Roger Vivier Pumps I have recently made. My first feature will be on my newfound love of mesh or crochet sweaters this season. This type of piece is a great investment because it can Roger Vivier Sandals be used for every roger vivier sale warm-weather occasion. Whether it’s as a cozy cover-up for late afternoons on the beach or dressed up with a pleated mini, it works every time.

• Faye May.18.2012, 12:46 am

Send good wishes your way <3 You shoes / and blog are amazing.

• Kiks May.17.2012, 7:23 pm

*jealous, obviously

• Kiks May.17.2012, 7:23 pm

I am so incredibly of your life with all those shoes, wow <3

• Anonymous May.17.2012, 5:30 pm

Another young divorced shoe loving lady here saying hi! I love the blog, don’t give up! You totally nailed your wedge shapes with this line, I hate when they are too clunky. <3 <3

• wale May.16.2012, 11:00 pm

Keep on going girl!!!… by the way congrats on your shoes being on Cosmopolitan this month…!!!

• Denise May.16.2012, 6:22 pm

This looks like it was an awesome time! and as a photographer, I’m jealous of the photogs who got to shoot at that location… and with those models! :)

• sadie c May.16.2012, 6:01 pm

oh fabulous photos! I really do wish you so much luck with your shoes. You deserve it, they are superb.

photo shoot in rainy old England sometime soon? Go on, you know you want to!

• TotalTKO May.16.2012, 5:49 pm

this looks so cool! i know i dont know you but i feel very proud of you :)